Tulle fabric lends itself beautifully to home decorating projects. It can create spectacular effects in your living room, dining room, bedroom, or home space.
The lightweight nature of tulle fabric makes it easy to hang on walls and even ceilings.
Also, the sheer quality of the fabric provides an ethereal quality. This quality is perfect for adding an element of romance and mystery to your decorating schemes.
Take a look at these 10 fabulous tulle decorating ideas, then get crafty and make your own!
1. Use Tulle to Make Curtain Valances
Valances are great tulle decorating ideas to add a touch of luxury to your home without spending a lot of money. Plus, they’re easy to make! Simply measure the width of your window and cut a piece of tulle to that size.
Then, use a hot glue gun to attach the tulle to the top of your window. Add some embellishments like beads or sequins for extra sparkle, and you’re done!
2. Create a Table Runner Out of Tulle
Table runners are a great way to add a pop of color to your decor, and they can be made out of just about anything. So why not try tulle? It’s inexpensive, easy to work with, and you can find it in just about any color you can imagine. Plus, it’s perfect for creating that ethereal look.
3. Add Color to Your Entryway
If you want to add a touch of elegance to your home, try covering the floor with white tulle. It’s a simple way to make any room look more luxurious.
Plus, it’s easy to do and relatively inexpensive. Here’s how;
- Cut strips of tulle from the bolt or roll to the desired length. A few inches will suffice for most doorways.
- Fold each strip in half widthwise so that one edge is folded over twice and then fold in half again so that both ends are equal in length.
- Place your fingers at one end of the strip and pull down gently while pressing up on the other with your thumb to create loops along its length.
- Continue doing this until you have about 8-12 loops, then knot together at both ends by folding under a small portion of fabric, pulling tight, then wrapping both loose ends around each other tightly until snugged together securely, as shown below.
4. Create Garlands and Centerpieces
One of the most popular tulle decorating ideas is to create garlands. You can drape them over mantles, staircases, or windows.
You can also use tulle to create beautiful centerpieces for your tables. To make a tulle garland, you will need:
- Tulle in the colors of your choice (You can purchase tulle by the yard at craft stores) -A sharp pair of scissors -A needle and thread (optional)
- Sticks, wire, ribbon, etc. to hang it up
- Flowers and other decorations
- String lights (optional)
5. Cover The Floor With White Tulle
Do you want to add a touch of elegance to your home décor? White tulle is a great way to do that! You can cover the floor with it to create a softer, more romantic look.
Plus, it’s easy to clean and care for. Here are some tips on how to decorate the floor with white tulle;
- First, measure the ceiling height and cut enough tulle strips, so they are 2-3 inches shorter than this measurement.
- Then tie one end of each strip around an object like a chair or table leg, using a small piece of tape.
- Then place them all over the room at different heights (some high near the ceiling and others low near the ground)
- Then attach two strips by placing one end over another; make sure they’re not too tight or loose by pulling them apart slightly; finally, use pins to secure everything in place.
6. Create Window Treatments
Tulle is a great way to add privacy to your windows without blocking all the light. Plus, it’s an inexpensive way to add a touch of elegance to your home.
Here are ideas for tulle window treatments;
- Drape tulle around curtain rods or rings in the desired shape.
- Cut strips of tulle and tie them together with a string or fishing line, then hang them from curtains, cabinets, or other items.
- Hang strips of tulle from ceiling fixtures like chandeliers or sconces.
- Create two separate loops and twist them together for a garland effect that can be draped over mantels, banisters, doorways, etc.
- Drape lengths of tulle from one end to another and pin in place with pins to create decorative curtains on walls or columns (drape multiple rows if desired). – Attach strips of tulle to headboards or bed frames.
- Hang lengths of tulle from shelves and use them as table runners.
- Add tassels to string lights by tying them at the top with tassel fringe hanging down. – Drape tulle from picture frames and mirrors.
7. Use It in Floral Arrangements
Looking for a unique way to add some flair to your home décor? Try tulle! This inexpensive fabric can be used in various ways to create beautiful arrangements. It can decorate your flowers, make bows, or even wrapping paper.
For an extra layer of style, tie it around the base of fresh-cut blooms, wrap it up with twine or ribbon, and seal it with hot glue.
8. Tie It Around Picture Frames and Mirror Frames
Looking for a way to add a little something extra to your home décor? Try tying tulle around picture frames and mirror frames! It’s one of the easy and inexpensive tulle decorating ideas that add a touch of elegance.
Plus, it’s a great way to use any leftover tulle from other projects. Doing this around your frames will add beauty to any room in your house.
9. Make Tulle Vase
Tulle is a great way to add a touch of elegance to any room. Here’s how to make a tulle vase – Cut the desired length of tulle. Wrap it around the desired object and tie it in a knot, leaving one side loose.
Then, bring that loose end over and loop it back under the knot on top, pulling tight and tying another knot so the tail hangs down. Repeat this process until you’ve reached your desired length or your object is covered in tulle!
10. Tulle Pillows
Pillows are a great way to add a pop of color or texture to any room, and tulle is the perfect material to use to create them. You can either sew the tulle onto the pillow cover or stuff it inside the pillowcase.
Also, if you stuff the tulle inside, you’ll want to use a little less than you would if you were sewing it on because it will puff up more. To add interest, try using different colors of tulle or even patterns.
Conclusively, these tulle decorating ideas are unique and will surely brighten up your home. If you are tired of the same old design and want to try something new, then use these ideas as inspiration for your next project! These tulle decorating ideas are sure to delight anyone that sees them.