Piercing various body parts, like the eyebrow, is very normal for many people in different parts of the world.
Various body parts have different types of eyebrow piercings for different reasons, fashion being one of such reasons.
Piercing the eyebrow is one exceptional way to look classy and attractive when it comes to fashion sense.
Different types of eyebrow piercing involve creating a hole along the lines of the eyebrow. This is done with a needle-like object to accommodate jewelry to beautify the body.
Eyebrow piercing has been from time immemorial and will continue to exist in the world of fashion.
There are various types of eyebrow piercing that allow a person to try on various looks. In this article, we’ll be discussing some of these types of eyebrow piercing.
Table of Contents
- Types of Eyebrow Piercing
- Factors To Consider Before Having An Eyebrow Piercing
- Preventive Measures To Reduce Complications After An Eyebrow Piercing
- Three Ways To Care For An Eyebrow Piercing
Types of Eyebrow Piercing
1. Bridge Piercing
This type of eyebrow piercing is done on the bridge of the nose, where one end of the pin penetrates the fleshy part of the eyebrow. The pin then passes through the top of this nose to the fleshy area of the other eye.
This type of piercing is appropriate for individuals with sufficient skin on their faces. Those with little or no skin on their face or between their eyes are advised to opt for other types.
2. Spiral Piercing
This type of piercing is done in the form of a spiral, as the name implies. First, two or more successive holes are bored on the eyebrow to accommodate several jewelry pieces. Thereafter, spiral-shaped jewelry is attached to give it a unique look.
3. Vertical Eyebrow Piercing
This particular type of surface piercing is done by boring the side of the eyebrow above the eye. The piercing is done so that the jewelry attached comes in the form of the number 1. This is just the traditional method of piercing the eyebrow.
4. Horizontal Eyebrow Piercing
This is similar to the vertical piercing but slightly different in such that, it goes horizontally across the top of the eyebrow. The piercing is done so that it accommodates the jewelry to lie flat on the eyebrow.
5. Anti-Eyebrow Piercing
This type of eyebrow piercing is also referred to as the teardrop. As the name depicts, it’s not done on the eyebrow but below the eye. This particular piercing gives the face a distinctive look when the jewels are inserted.
6. Multiple Piercings
An individual might decide to go for this type of piercing by having a collection of two or more types of piercing on the eyebrow.
7. T Piercing
The T piercing is simply the combination of both the vertical and horizontal piercing to give a letter T.
The primary reason why individuals go for eyebrow piercing is for the fact that it’s in vogue. Having an eyebrow piercing also adds more spice to the appearance of the bearer.
Before going for an eyebrow piercing, certain things need to be noted.
Factors To Consider Before Having An Eyebrow Piercing
Different types of eyebrow piercings follow simple rules that are listed below:
- In the process of getting the eyebrows pierced, a blood vessel around that region could burst through mishandling. Hence the need to visit a professional in that field to avoid complications.
- While the piercing is undergoing a healing process, the bearer can give the brows a light shave. However, caution should be taken in order not to prick the piercing.
- Getting an eyebrow piercing usually attracts swelling and pains that could be mild and severe for others. Notwithstanding, the difference in the after-effects of eyebrow piercing varies from person to person.
- Discomfort may sometimes arise from eyebrow piercing, but it should not be confused with infection. The infection could arise from the use of unsterilized gadgets or jewelry. Irritation, on the other hand, occurs from contact with the skin.
- However, if any irritation or symptoms of infection is noticed, it’s advisable to consult a physician. It’s of great importance to avoid unnecessary touching of the piercing as this could breed infection.
Complications are bound to be present preceding an eyebrow piercing. Carrying out the following precautionary measures will help reduce or eliminate the risk of complications.
Preventive Measures To Reduce Complications After An Eyebrow Piercing
- Ensure that the person who is about to carry out the piercing uses sterilized hand gloves.
- Use a high-quality metal as jewelry after piercing instead of a common alloy.
- Ensure that the metal to be used is lightweight to avoid too much weight.
- Visit a professional and neat piercer who’s keen on cleanliness.
- Ensure the professional has sterilized the needle and every other equipment to be used for piercing.
Piercing of the eyebrow can take up to four months to heal up. During this period, the bearer is likely to experience the following:
- The pierced site swells up and changes color, which may last up to a week.
- Secretion of colorless and odorless liquid is normal.
Three Ways To Care For An Eyebrow Piercing
- Avoid swimming during the healing period of a pierced eyebrow.
- Refrain from excessive touching of the pierced region and avoid removing the jewelry.
- Avoid immediate trimming or shaving the eyebrow after getting a piercing.
Eyebrow piercing is one of the numerous body piercing types that gives the bearer an amazing look. Nevertheless, care should be taken to avoid irritation and infections.
Piercers who take the time to make their clients happy should also adhere to the hygienic rules and meet requirements. This will enable them to effectively carry out their duties without causing reactions on the bearers.
The bearers of the eyebrow piercing also have a role to play to avoid reactions. This also helps the piercing to heal on time adequately.
It is also important to note that different types of eyebrow piercing is’t just for females. Men are also allowed to have a share in the piercing of the eyebrow. So when thinking of an appropriate part of the body to get pierced, go for the eyebrow.