Plantains are a tropical food that looks a lot like bananas and are quite tasty.
While these fingers of goodness are not available in all parts of the world, people in West African countries and some parts of Asia are beginning to embrace it as part of their diet because of the enormous health benefits of the unripe plantain most especially.
People are going organic when it comes to beauty and skincare these days, and that explains why you have searched the internet for the beauty benefits of plantain peels. Do not worry, we have got you covered 100%.
Plantain Peel comes with several medically proven internal and external health benefits. You can find the internal health benefits here, while the external ones are in this article.
Plantain peels can be used for the treatment of skin defects and disorders, such as skin allergies, wrinkles, acne, and even for the reduction of scarring.
Rubbing a freshly opened ripe plantain peel against your skin is a fantastic way to eliminate wrinkles because of its ability to tighten saggy skin and tone the skin.
However, using the right beauty products that contain plantain peel extract is probably a better and more comfortable option to take.
When cooking a plantain, most people throw away the peel. However, you might need to reconsider that action because just like banana peels, ripe plantain peels have a variety of uses such as:
- Hair health
- Teeth whitening
- First aid
- Household cleaning
Plantain peels for skincare
People who have tried ripe plantain peels for skincare suggest that:
- Rubbing a ripe plantain peel on your face can help to brighten your skin and reduce wrinkles
- Placing a freshly opened ripe plantain peel on closed eyes will help to reduce puffiness
- Using a freshly opened ripe plantain peel as a moisturizer will hydrate your skin
- Rubbing a freshly open ripe plantain peel on your acne scars will help them fade off
- Applying the banana peel to the area affected with psoriasis to moisturize and relieve itch
- Getting rid of warts by taping a little piece of ripe plantain peel to the skin and leaving it there all night
Please note that the suggested uses we have featured in this article are not supported any clinical research yet. However, studies shave revealed that banana peels have several components that offer possible benefits.
You can find good beauty products with plantain peel extracts online, but ensure to discuss with your dermatologist before using any new skincare product.
We hope that you found this information on the unripe plantain helpful. Please leave a comment below.